The eighties are over, my friend.
I'm not sure you really understand it, but those times of your life are gone.
Kaput.
Blammo.
You'll never be young again, your dreams are meaningless, your achievements and trophies and importance and everything have been pushed to the wayside to be ignored by the current generation, if not spat on, and nothing can regain that.
Just like me.
Headbands are so tight on my head.
Whenever I wear 'em I get headaches.
They cut off my circulation.
It's terrible!
This makes me sad because when I go to Sally's they always have really cute ones that I would like to rock!!
Sad world.
That headband was the rattiest goddamn thing I had ever laid eyes on, and it stank of too-sweet cherry shampoo.
Threads were hanging off of it in great sloppy gobs, and the color had long washed out in years of wear and woe.
When she wasn't looking, I held it to my cheek, and breathed in.
I remember wearing headbands as a child - they were kind of a big deal in my house since I had sisters and we always fought over who got to wear which ones.
I wish that we'd had the kind that my daughter has, the soft elastic kind - I remember that mine always hurt my head behind my ears.
I love the ones with the big flowers on them, that people put on little babies.
A band for security, and being a maverick.
It shows spirit, and new way of thinking; somebody who is not afraid.
Someone who can stand up for what he believes in, a headband is like an identity.
Will Ferrell.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment