Monday, November 9, 2009

Learn to Fly

When we hit high school we promised ourselves this
Have the time of our lives
Live it up, have no regrets.
But it looks like you lied to yourself
You aren't having any fun
You never grew up is what it seems to be
Tonight is your last chance
Tonight is it...

Everything happens for a reason
But I'm sick of losing sleep over this
Tonight is the night you learn to fly
Trust me now and jump on in
Screw the rules and have some fun tonight
Tonight is the night, tonight is the night you learn to fly

After high school was gone and done you said to me
How could I miss all that
You're always saying how you wish you could do all these things
You never seem to follow through on your dreams
We have one more summer to get somewhere.

Everything happens for a reason
But I'm sick of losing sleep over this
Tonight is the night you learn to fly
Trust me now and jump on in
Screw the rules and have some fun tonight
Tonight is the night, tonight is the night you learn to fly

Summers come and past and you're regretting all the wasted time
You had so many chances and just gave them all up
Tell me now what you'd like me to do?
I can't take you back
I can't help anymore
I tried all I could back when we were young

Everything happens for a reason
But I'm sick of losing sleep over this
Tonight is the night you learn to fly
Trust me now and jump on in
Screw the rules and have some fun tonight
Tonight is the night, tonight is the night you learn to fly
-Alex D.

No comments:

Post a Comment