He said "It's beautiful here,
Just like you"
I wanted to smile
But I couldn't go through.
He says I'm not selfish,
but we both know it's true.
And I'm fucking things up
With what I'm putting him through.
I said, "I'm sorry, 'cause I'm trying,
But no matter what I do,
all I want, all I need,
is to be with you."
The tears on my face
Have spread to my heart.
And I feel like I could die
Because him and I are apart.
And for reasons of my own,
I can't get it out of my head,
that he doesn't miss me back,
he just wants me gone instead.
He thinks this thought is crazy,
and I know that it is,
but I still can't explain
why I'm feeling like this.
Do I love him too much?
Does he love me too little?
Does it have to be extreme?
Can I meet him in the middle?
For now, wait 3 hours,
until it's 12:00 there,
close your eyes
and breathe in Seattle's fresh air.
lay down your head,
let the owls sing you to sleep,
and know when you come home,
you'll still have my heart to keep.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment