Monday, November 9, 2009

The Race

10
rage, anger, humiliation
if i could i would run
9
run as fast as i could,
past all the people who don't understand
8
now they see me running
they are starting to give chase
7
all my demons closing in
i feel them all around me
6
faster, i need to go faster
air blowing in my face, making my eyes water
5
the demons are starting to tire out
they can't keep up like before
4
suddenly the sprint is effortless
all around me they stumble and fall
3
their numbers are failing,
all that remains is the final push
2
at long last it is over
I can feel the strength all around me
1
i look around me to take in my surroundings
all I see is sand in all directions
0
I am lost

No comments:

Post a Comment