This had me laughing for a good 2 hours, and as most of you know, I am not a big laugher. I'm the joke maker, not the reciever. This is a segment of a 3 page explanation on what is recquired from students seeking a letter of recommendation from a teacher at our school. I thought this was one of the funniest things I have ever read in my whole life.
"DO NOT USE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS AS THE RETURN ADDRESS! THE LETTER IS FROM ME!"
"You supply the 42 cent stamps. (No multiple stamps please! This is not the time to use up your Mom's old 39 centers!) The stamp should be of an appropriate design and aligned properly on the envelope. No "Elvis", "holiday", or even "cancer" stamps. Please remember the letter is from me in my official capacity as your teacher. The letter is not an opportunity for you to express your individuality, your beliefs or your social causes. A simple American flag on the stamp would be most appreciated.
If you dislike the taste of glue, bring self-sticking stamps and envelopes. I will write elegant letters for you. I will not, however, lick your stamps or envelopes. If your want to send out 25 letters, that is perfectly all right with me. Just bring self-sticking stamps and envelopes or a very wet tongue!"
Friday, November 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment