Thursday, November 5, 2009

Homecoming Dance Tribute

As the music starts, I take your hand.
And I'm so lost in your eyes that I can't hear the band
Our bodies are moving, more like one, not two
And as the music goes on, my heart says what to do

It says, “Hold her, and lead her. With you, she is safe
No matter what happens, you’ll remember this day
So don’t loose yourself in her wondrous eyes,
Keep your heart set on hers, your one true prize.”

We swayed on the dance floor, moving beat by beat,
And her eyes were so dazzling, I didn’t notice our feet
As the music continued, our eyes stayed locked
We kept dancing and dancing, losing time on the clock

The night was so perfect; I wished it wouldn’t end
And that maybe, just maybe, we could all just pretend
That we could keep going, lost on the dance floor
And be dancing and moving, always wanting more
-Dan Albro

No comments:

Post a Comment