Friday, May 22, 2009

Who is Brian?

I'm Brian Manby. I'm 15, and opinionated, but that doesn't mean I'm not open to beliefs and perspective. Some of the most important things in my life are skateboarding, music (whether it's listening, playing, or writing) and my friends. Don't try and shove religious beliefs in my face. I'm 15, I'm already confused and skeptical as fuck. I come up with my own religious opinions, but I'd rather not even think about the topic completely. I don't trust the government. Aliens exist. America is fucked sideways and will be for years, especially when my generation goes to apply for jobs in the near future. Skateboarding helps me get by. It's a stress reliever. Music is like second nature to me. I play the guitar, and while I may not be great, it makes me think. It fascinates me. Bob Dylan and the Beatles are some of the most intelligent artists ever, in my opinion. I am absolutely fascinated and astounded by the Pink Floyd album The Wall, which was based off of Roger Waters' work and life growing up and his subconscious, hypothetical concept of a Wall in his mind, isolating him from reality from life experiences. That is incredible to me. One thing I can't stand is when people who don't have bad lives complain about how terrible their lives are. Don't come to me with that. My life isn't "bad" persay, but it's probably not any better than yours, or so I think. Whatever. Just don't bitch and moan to me about it. You'll annoy me. Life isn't fair. Get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment